The calls for patent subsidies look to promote the protection of research results through both national and international patent applications and the international extension of patents applied for in Spanish territory.
- Costs associated with the actions of an industrial property representative for the submission of the application (drafting or revision of the specification, claims, etc.).
- Costs associated with the patentability studies
- Fees for patent applications outside of Spain (new patents or extension of national patents) or in Spain, if applicable
- Expenses associated with the development of patent applications (official actions, reports and others)
- Maintenance fees for international patents
- Other costs associated with the protection of results may be considered
See section “5. Compensation of costs associated with the processing of patents”